The Meat Guy is an online butchery that specialises in artisan beef products usually meant for upmarket restaurants. We focus on Black Angus, Wagyu and free range Kalahari products, delivered to your door. We aim to bring you the best quality products sourced from sustainable farms at competitive prices.
LOCALLY SOURCED • QUALITY GUARANTEED
Deboned Leg Of Lamb
The boneless leg is the leanest cut of lamb and the most versatile cuts of lamb for roasting whole in the oven or grilling in the weber.
Boneless leg of lamb is perfect for oven roasting and is also very easy to carve.
Cuts: Available in 2.2kg cuts
Price: R429.90 / 2.2kg
Herb-Roasted Boneless Leg of Lamb
- 1 (2.2kg) boneless leg of lamb, rolled and tied
- 3 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh rosemary leaves
- 2/3 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh thyme leaves
- 2 shallots, coarsely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 10 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1kg small baby potatoes
- Rub lamb with 2 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. pepper; let stand 1 hour.
- Pulse rosemary in a food processor 4 or 5 times or until finely chopped. Add parsley and next 4 ingredients, and pulse 4 or 5 times or until finely chopped. Add 6 Tbsp. olive oil, and pulse 7 or 8 times or until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Rub mixture over lamb; place in a large roasting pan. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 230°C. Toss together potatoes and remaining 1½ tsp. salt, 1 tsp. pepper, and 4 Tbsp. oil; place potatoes around lamb in roasting pan.
- Bake at 230°C for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 125°C (rare). Remove lamb from pan; cover loosely with aluminium foil, and let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- Dice half of lamb; package in 2 (2½-cup) portions, and reserve for Rosemary Lamb Stew and Lamb Pita Pockets. Serve remaining lamb with potatoes and pan juices.
- Note: Peel the centres of the potatoes for a pretty presentation, if desired.
Our first round with the Meat Guy. Excellent well priced products, great selection, we tried both gemsbok fillet and the dry aged T-bone Florentine. Superb quality meat, 5 out of 5 stars!
August 28, 2020
Guys, I want to say thank you for the most awesome service, my mouth was watering just looking when I opened the most awesome box of meat received to my door today. Be safe 😷
April 7, 2020
Service and the Packaging!! Well done!! Will taste tonight and let every one know!!
September 4, 2019
Excellent product quality, brisk and friendly delivery, personal touch from staff and well priced.
September 6, 2019
Just got my meat! So impressed, beautifully packed and some very fine looking meat!
April 30, 2020
Great product. Have ordered twice now. Packaging and presentation always perfect. Would reccommend to anybody!
October 8, 2019
Fantastic quality and portions. Really so impressed with my order last month. Have ordered all my meat for this month. Such a great service!
April 25, 2020
Great quality and service.
April 29, 2020
great quality meat and most brilliant service , my full support !!
September 6, 2019
Awesome diens, perfekte verpakking 10/10!!
September 4, 2020
Received my first order this week. Great produce and so well packed. Made the lamb rump today. Amazing quality
April 2, 2020
I know a guy, the Wayne guy 👌
May 14, 2020
Perfectly aged ribeye on the bone. Thank you
November 19, 2021
Best meat. Best service. Book. Deliver. No hassle
November 2, 2019