WE ARE OPEN AND TRADING DURING THE COVID-19 LOCKDOWN. CLICK HERE TO SEE OUR CERTIFICATION
The Meat Guy is an online butchery that specialises in artisan beef products usually meant for upmarket restaurants. We focus on Black Angus, Wagyu and free range Kalahari products, delivered to your door. We aim to bring you the best quality products sourced from sustainable farms at competitive prices.
LOCALLY SOURCED • QUALITY GUARANTEED
Dry Aged T-Bone
R90.95 / 550g
Dry Aged Tomahawk Steak
The Tomahawk Steak is an on-the bone Rib Steak, cut from the Fore-rib with the entire rib bone left. This cut is dry-aged for 32 days.
R149.95 / 850g
Cuts: Available in 850g cuts
Price: R149.95 / 850g
Reverse Seared Dry Aged Tomahawk
- 1 x 850g Dry Aged Tomahawk
- 150g butter
- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp ground black or green pepper
- 2 tsp thyme
- 2 tbsp good salt (fleur de sel)
- Leave the steak out of the fridge for several hours before cooking to ensure it is at room temperature and no longer cold inside.
- Grind the pepper onto both sides of the steak. Melt 75g of the butter and brush some on each side of the steak. Set the rest aside.
- Place the steak in the oven, preheated at 70*C, and let it cook for 1.5 – 2.5hrs. Determine the exact time by using a meat thermometer. Keep the meet in the oven until the inside of the meat is 5*C below the desired temperature for eating (for medium, 55*C).
- While the steak is in the oven, take 25g of butter and brown the thinly sliced garlic in a frying pan. As the garlic turns brown (this happens quickly after quite a wait) add the thyme and smoked paprika for 1 minute. Combine the mixture in the pan with the remaining 50g of butter and stir into a smooth, flavored butter.
- (Optional: before adding the thyme and paprika, remove some roasted garlic, dry it on a paper towel, then crumble it into the salt for a roast garlic salt).
- Half an hour before the meat is ready, fire up the braai. It’s only for one steak, but it needs to be hot!
- When the meat is ready to come out the oven, brush it with more of the butter used in the beginning and sprinkle a generous amount of salt on each side.
- When the braai has a lot of heat, with bright embers, sear the steak, 90 seconds on each side, brushing it with butter right after searing.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes and then enjoy!
Our first round with the Meat Guy. Excellent well priced products, great selection, we tried both gemsbok fillet and the dry aged T-bone Florentine. Superb quality meat, 5 out of 5 stars!
August 28, 2020
- Ann-Mari Webb
April 30, 2020
Guys, I want to say thank you for the most awesome service, my mouth was watering just looking when I opened the most awesome box of meat received to my door today. Be safe 😷
April 7, 2020
Received my first order this week. Great produce and so well packed. Made the lamb rump today. Amazing quality
April 2, 2020
Great product. Have ordered twice now. Packaging and presentation always perfect. Would reccommend to anybody!
October 8, 2019Niel Muller
September 6, 2019