- 2kg Boneless Lamb Loin Roast, Fat Trimmed, Skin On, Trussed*
- 1 Large Brown Onion, Thickly Sliced
- 1 Large Carrot, Roughly Chopped Into 3cm Pieces
- 1 Stick Celery, Roughly Chopped Into 3cm Pieces
- 5 Small Rosemary Sprigs, Cut In Half, Widthwise
- 5 Cloves Garlic, Peeled, Left Whole
- 60ml (1/4 Cup) Olive Oil
- 200g Baby Green Beans, Trimmed
- 200g Snap Peas
- 50g Butter
- Sourdough Bread, To Serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. To roast lamb, scatter onion carrot and celery over the base of a large roasting pan. Place lamb seem-side down.
- Using a small paring knife make fifteen shallow incisions scattered all over the top of the rolled lamb loin roast; taking care not to cut the kitchen string. Stuff rosemary and garlic into each incision. Drizzle with oil and roast for 1¼ hours or until cooked to your liking. Rest for 15 minutes before carving, to serve.
- Meanwhile, cook beans in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 3 minutes or until cooked but still with a crunch. Drain and place in a large bowl with butter. Season to taste.
- To serve, Divide beans among four plates and top with carved lamb. Serve with sourdough bread on the side.