- 5kg boneless butterflied lamb shoulder, fat trimmed, skin on, scored*
- 125ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 preserved lemon, finely chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
Tomato & cucumber salad
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 x 400g punnet baby heirloom tomatoes*, halved
- 2 large Lebanese cucumbers, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp finely chopped oregano
- Lemon wedges
- Sour cream
- Flat bread
- To marinate lamb, place oil, garlic, lemon and parsley in a large bowl. Add lamb and toss to coat. Season to taste. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat a lightly greased barbecue to high heat. Cook lamb, skin side down, for 10 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover with barbecue hood and cook for a further 12 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a large platter, cover loosely with foil and rest for 10 minutes before carving, to serve.
- Meanwhile, to make tomato and cucumber salad, place oil, vinegar and cumin in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Season to taste.
- To serve, place salad in a large bowl and carved lamb on a large flat platter in the centre of the table. Serve with lemon wedges, sour cream and flat bread, on the side.