- 4 (300g) Black Angus Beef Rump Steaks
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced (1 tablespoon)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, sesame oil, five-spice powder, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Place strip steaks in a plastic zipper bag, add marinade and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight for deeper marinade flavor.
- Preheat grill to medium high (230°C). Remove steaks from marinade, pat dry and grill to desired doneness; about 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare (around 52-53°C internal temperature).
- Remove steaks from grill and rest 5 minutes before serving.