- 1 (1 1/2 – 2 pounds) Black Angus Beef Picanha steak
- 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- In a food processor or blender combine parsley, coriander, onion, garlic, oregano, red chilli and salt by pulsing to a finely chopped consistency.
- Add vinegar and honey. With processor running, add oil in a slow stream until well combined. Set aside half of sauce in an air-tight container and refrigerate. Put picanha steak in a casserole pan, coat evenly with remaining chimichurri, cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator at least four hours, or overnight for deeper flavour and tenderness.
- Preheat grill. Remove steak from chimichurri marinade and wipe clean, discarding marinade. Grill steaks to desired doneness over medium high heat. Allow to rest 5 minutes and serve, topping with reserved chimichurri sauce.
- Yields approximately 2 cups chimichurri sauce.