- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and finely chopped
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- 2 sprigs rosemary, picked and finely chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 (1 1/2-pound each) hanger steaks, trimmed, membrane removed and cut in half lengthwise
- Kosher salt
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the Dijon, garlic, rosemary, lemon juice and zest, and crushed red pepper. Schmear the steaks with this deliciousness and let them hang out in the fridge overnight or up to 2 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat the grill. Season the steaks with salt.
- When the grill is hot, brush and oil the grill. When the flames have dissipated place the steaks on a hot spot on the grill. Brush with the excess marinade and move the steaks out of the flame if there is a flare up. Grill the steak for 4 to 5 minutes on each side for medium rare. Remove the steaks from the grill and let them rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. Serve immediately after slicing.