- 4 lamb rumps (about 300g each), trimmed
- 60ml (¼ cup) pomegranate molasses
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 16 baby Dutch carrots, trimmed
- 8 large shallots, peeled
- 8 baby potatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 tsp caraway seeds
- Baby spinach, pomegranate seeds & garlic dip, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180° fan-forced). Place molasses, garlic, honey and spices in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Add rump, season to taste and toss to coat. If time permits, marinade lamb for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Place oil, carrots, shallots, potatoes and seeds in a large roasting pan. Season to taste and toss to combine. Evenly scatter vegetables over the base of the roasting pan; top with rump drained from marinade. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Remove lamb from oven and place on a resting rack; cover loosely with foil and stand for 10 minutes before carving. Cook vegetables for a further 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Divide vegetables among plates and top with sliced lamb rump. Serve with wilted baby spinach, a dollop of garlic dip on top and scatter with pomegranate seeds.