- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (2kg) pork shoulder netted
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Using a pastry brush, spread the mixture all over the pork shoulder.
- Set the meat on a rack set into a roasting pan. Roast for 20 minutes, and then reduce the heat to 160°C.
- Continue to cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the shoulder reads 85°C, about 4 hours.
- Remove the pork from the oven and let stand until cool enough to handle, about 30 minutes.