- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (2-pound) T-bone steak (about 1 inch thick), trimmed and at room temperature
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 6 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan over high heat for 1-2 minutes or until the butter starts to foam.
- Sprinkle the steak with salt and pepper.
- Add the thyme, garlic and steak to the pan and cook for 4–5 minutes on each side, spooning the butter over the steak.
- T-Bone Steak with Thyme and Garlic Butter Is there anything better than a beautifully cooked steak?
- Cook to medium-rare or until cooked to your liking.
- Drizzle the steak with the butter to serve.